Monday, April 4, 2011

Could a Cloud

Could I have met you
drifting and forming
far away, formal
not close up, transparent

I imagine you
there and not there
one moment a profile
one moment a longing
at the edge of existence

I could paint a picture of you
maybe asian, exotic
off a stark country cliff
above the French sea

In china white pigment,
you'd be watery and wistful
a cerulean blue tint
soft shades of grey

Then you'd change in the twilight
turn neon and crimson
purple and passionate,
flaunting your beauty
waiting for night

But could a cloud
be a you
immeasurable
intangible
known and unknown
blurred at the edges

Could a cloud
be a you
and are you what I thought I saw then
when I was a speck
and you were the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Superman, Good Friday, and New Beginnings

 A few years ago, on the morning of Good Friday, I texted my siblings to remind them of their afternoon responsibilities. "It's Goo...