Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ode to the magical cat

A wispy grey kitty
in a gypsy box kiosk
a tea party granny
in a tabby grey dress

but once a new baby
a campus cat princess
a college co-ed girfriend
all fancy and frisky

Our bff best bud
In dorm rooms, apartments
backyards and bedrooms
winters and summers

when it wasn't so crowded

we were together
me a Chinese waitress
and you Cinderella

then a cherished cheshire
a cheese-head bret favre girl
sleeping and dreaming
with barbie and friends

scratch my chin here
rub my head there
and you'll see my paw thumping
up and down in the air

Frankie we'll miss you
our girl with a boy's name
Our little Miss Magic
we'll be wishing to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Superman, Good Friday, and New Beginnings

 A few years ago, on the morning of Good Friday, I texted my siblings to remind them of their afternoon responsibilities. "It's Goo...