Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hey Ghost

Hey ghost
you really don't fit in here
in that Victorian costume
of see-through, sepia design

It might have been cool once
Now it's not to wear drag
Clinton and Stephanie would both tell you
it's not for the ghost about town

Those pale ivory buttons on your brown shoes
are quite out of style unless you're name Ida
But they make for good thumping
up and down the front stairs
 
And the orb
yes, the orb that you sent to my room
How couldn't I notice that thing?
It scared my cat crazy - she scratched my right arm

Come on
I know you can talk
Basement and attic, you murmur and moan
So, "Meg...." in the white noise
won't really scare me
when I tune in my Sony TV

And don't think I'm psycho
No matter how much
you wish and you whisper
you won't get me anywhere near
The coachhouse upstairs

I'm happy and normal
with people from around here
I don't miss Ms. Jacobs or Riley or Gen
And don't want to talk to the girl they say jumped

Hey ghost
You are starting to really annoy me
I'm about ready to call
my friend Father Kret
And then who will be scared?

2 comments:

  1. For my two ghost hunters Meg and Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhhhhoooooooo! whistle in the air...crunch of leaves...smell of the attic...

    ReplyDelete

Superman, Good Friday, and New Beginnings

 A few years ago, on the morning of Good Friday, I texted my siblings to remind them of their afternoon responsibilities. "It's Goo...